Nikon claims that its Capture NX software releases not only the power of Nikon's Electronic Format (NEF) files, but also makes JPEG and TIFF processing and editing elegant and easy enough for even novice photographers to use.
Nikon CaptureNX 2 makes many improvements to Nikon's original photo editing software, which Nikon says has been designed for photographers by photographers. The application is notable for its 'Color Control Points', which allow you to select and adjust colors simply by pointing, clicking and moving a slider. There are 25 adjustments for users of JPEG & TIF images and additional RAW functions for those who shot Nikon Electronic File (NEF) RAW images with their cameras.
The Color Control Point feature of Nikon CaptureNX 2 has seen some of the biggest changes. You can target any area of the photo that you want to alter and then you have 26 different and precise tools to give you a very high degree of precision over changes. Finally, there's also an 'Auto Retouch Brush', which is designed to get rid of blemishes that mark your photos. You can even remove certain objects by sampling the background and then brushing over them.
Nikon Capture NX 2 is a highly professional, yet surprisingly easy-to-use tool, which makes a must-have for all Nikon camera owners.
- Compatibility with Mac OS X version 10.6.2 has been added.
- Specifications have been modified so that when 25 Photos on Page, or a higher number of photos per page, is selected for Select Layout in the Print layout dialog, the Use Thumbnail Data (Draft Use Only) box is automatically checked.
- This resolves an issue that prevented printing when 25 Photos on Page, or a higher number of photos per page, was selected for Select Layout.
- Capture NX 2 would quit unexpectedly when certain settings files were applied with the Apply Settings box checked in the Watched Folder panel of the Batch Process dialog. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that caused Capture NX 2 to freeze when switching images after the Color Picker had been opened has been resolved.